Local Government Studies Department
VISION OF LGSD
To be the best performing Department in the College.
MISSION OF LGSD
To consistently provide up-to-date and relevant capacity building, research and consultancy services for performance improvement in all aspects of local Government Studies.
The objectives of LGSD are:
1. design training programmes, Seminars, Workshops and conferences for personnel of Ministries of Local Government, Local Governments, and other stakeholders;
2. design training progammes, Seminars and workshops on all areas of Local government Administration in Nigeria.
3. conduct studies and research into problems of Local Governments administration in Nigeria;
4. identify the problems inhibiting development and poor service delivery in Local Governments and suggest measures to reduce them;
5. discuss the details of government institutional reforms and change management;
6. conduct research, training and consultancy in areas of poverty alleviation, capacity building, sustainable development, Good Governance and Security Management. and
7. promotion of scholarly collaboration between the department and relevant International institutions such as AAPAM, AULA and the Commonwealth Local Government Forum (CLGF)