Computer & Information Management Studies Department
VISION OF CIMSD
To be a Computer Training Centre of First Choice, for both the public and private sectors of the economy involved with the use of modern computer architecture, serviceable and scalable software for continuous improvement in service delivery.
MISSION OF CIMSD
To provide continuous and satisfactory high quality information (IT) services to ASCON stakeholders.
The objectives of CIMSD are:
1. Initiative studies in the Management and the use of Information Technology;
2. Provide Training and Consultancy Services in the application of Information Technology in the public and private sectors of the Economy;
3, Design and produce programmes in form of photographs, overhead transparencies, audio and videotape recordings;
4. Train managers in the acquisition of computer knowledge and skills and its application to decision-making, and the Management of Corporate Records and Information;
5. Advise on computerization of the vital operations of the College and ensure effective systems compatibility and functionality; and
6. To reposition ASCON in the IT training market for the challenges of the global information village.1